Serious prayer request

Let us join together to praise God for Who He is and pray for one another's needs.

Moderator: Denise

Re: Serious prayer request

Postby TamieJP » Sat May 05, 2012 6:54 am

praying
If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.
-- Voltaire

God is Good and I am Glad
TamieJP

Postby Gina » Sat May 05, 2012 7:05 am

Praying!
Gina

Postby Fuzzyliz » Sat May 05, 2012 1:26 pm

praying!
Privileges granted by men may be denied by men. Rights are granted by God, and can be legitimately denied by no man. (John Bunyan 1660)

~Liz~
Fuzzyliz

Postby Lucy » Sat May 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Praying.
Lucy

Postby Mommytoboys » Mon May 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you all for your prayers. I'm including a link to the blog post I posted this week about what has been going on. We are delighted to be pregnant again, but are kind of in "seriously God?" mode right now. It is certainly a test for us right now, especially since I just quit my job and our insurance runs out in August and DH doesn't have a full time job yet. Wow huh? We took a step of obedience and faith in quitting and then two days before the semester was over we were hit with this. It has been trying (for me especially). I so appreciate the continued prayers.

--Erin

Here is a link to the blog post... http://fillingquiver.com/fillingquiver/WORDPRESS/2012/05/05/talk-turkey/
--Erin

You can find me blogging at http://Fillingquiver.com

Mommytoboys

Postby momcar » Tue May 08, 2012 8:04 pm

(HUGS) and prayers Erin.
momcar

Postby Denise » Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Here is the latest on Erin-

We went to our maternal fetal medicine appointment today. We saw a genetic counselor and then saw the sonographer to re-measure the NT, look baby over in general and check position of the placenta in case we decided for the CVS (chorionic villus sampling) chromosome test. When he first measured the NT, his comment was “I thought the measurement said 6.” I told him it did and asked what it was now. “I’m not getting 6” he said. The measurements he was getting were closer to 4mm, which is still abnormal, but less than last week. It's still not normal and although the initial lab work came back "ok" last week, we're still 4+ times more likely for chromosomal abnormalities like Down's syndrome and trisomy 18.

We did do the CVS test (where they take part of the placenta) for chromosome studies. They’ll send that sample off and the first preliminary results we’ll get back within 48-72 hours, since its Thursday that means we’ll hear on Monday sometime. The initial results will tell us whether our baby has one of the more common chromosome abnormalities. It tests for trisomy 13, 18, 21, and XY (I think that’s all of them). We’ll also be able to tell for sure if this baby is boy or girl. Then in about 2 weeks we’ll have “final” results which maps out other less common chromosome issues. If for some reason (there is a 1% chance) we can't get results, usually because there are both normal and abnormal cells in the sample, we will have an amniocentesis at 16 weeks.

Even if the chromosome studies are normal, we’re still not considered out of the woods yet. We will go back to maternal fetal medicine for a very detailed sonogram and fetal echocardiogram to look at the structure and function of baby’s heart. Another common problem with babies who have a thick nuchal translucency measurement is heart defects. That will happen at about 22 weeks, the end of June or beginning of July for us.

So that’s all the technical stuff, as for me I’m doing okay. I’m a little sore where the needle went in and am told to expect to be sore for about a week. I have to say from the nursing perspective it was really neat to watch the needle go in and through my abdomen on the screen with the sono. I was given pretty strict instructions to take it easy for the next week. I mean strict…no standing for longer than 30 minutes, no lifting more than 30 lbs and no strenuous activities.

We did get to see fingers and toes and the baby wiggling in there so that was nice. It also looks like all the major brain structures are there and the baby is growing normally, all good news. We're thankful the procedure went well and are praying for good results from the test.
Denise

What He Heard
I'm going to make you wish you were dead for the rest of the week.

What She Said
Tell me the truth, honey...do I look fat in this?
Denise

Postby momcar » Sun May 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks for the update Denise. Continuing to lift this up daily.
momcar

Postby heather_livengood » Mon May 14, 2012 12:10 am

Praying. I know exactly what you are going through, Erin, as I went through this with Priscilla, and then testing, etc with Aaron. The waiting is the hardest.
heather_livengood

Postby Cindy » Mon May 14, 2012 5:08 am

Praying.

I know the Lord will bless and strengthen you through all of this.

Our son now 12 yrs. has Down Syndrome. We wouldn't trade him for anything. He has taught family and friends so much. All of our older five children and many of their friends are or have worked with people of disabilities because of J.
Cindy

PreviousNext

Return to Praises and Prayer